Tuesday, March 19, 2013

To Each His Own


 


“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured and far away.”
 
~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden

*
 
Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences postulates a philosophy that different people excel in different areas.
 
As a result, one individual may learn at a different speed from another.

 
 This doesn’t make one individual more or less intelligent.

 
 It only means their method of learning is as unique as their individual character.

 
 When an individual is allowed to “personalize” their education, to “step to the music which he hears,” then he is able to fully realize his potential.
 

 
Yes, I did draw these illustrations for a philosophy presentation I did on Multiple Intelligences.  The shadow at the top of some of the images is because I had to screencap them off of Windows Movie Maker (I would upload the whole video except I hate the sound of my narration).  P.S. No these aren't anorexics.  They're stick figures with clothes. 

* Yes the "belonging" is missing the B.  How embarrassing to find that mistake so many years after I submitted it to my professor for grading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment