Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Frankenstein and Friends (the sequel to the novel)


CLARENCE*: Finally, having walked all the way across the Antarctic, traveled back to Switzerland—I always DID like Switzerland!—and taken the exact same Doctorate program in nebulous science that my creator did, I have come full circle in my existence! It’s….ALIVVVVVVE!


FRANKENSTEIN: Wait what?  I thought I died? What am I doing here? Where am—oh no. What are these cords doing attached to me? ACK!


CLARENCE: Hello, Victor.


FRANKENSTEIN: Well I can’t be in the afterlife, because I don’t believe you have a soul. What have you done, you monstrosity, you?


CLARENCE: No need to be snippy.  I just brought you back to life.


FRANKENSTEIN: What?! How could you?!


CLARENCE: It was pretty easy, actually.



FRANKENSTEIN: I meant, HOW DARE YOU!?


CLARENCE: Um, you’re welcome!


FRANKENSTEIN: This is a nightmare!  I’ve become…you!


CLARENCE: Kinda makes you want to treat me with a little more respect, doesn’t it?**


FRANKENSTEIN: Uh, no. That would be stupid. Fine, so I’m alive again. At least tell me you brought Elizabeth back, too.


CLARENCE: Nah.


FRANKENSTEIN: What about my brother?


CLARENCE: Nope.


FRANKENSTEIN: Justine?


CLARENCE: Never crossed my mind.


FRANKENSTEIN: Then, if you don’t mind me asking, why did you bring me back at all!!??


CLARENCE: I felt bad the way things ended with us. I needed some closure.


FRANKENSTEIN: How’s this for closure: I HATE YOU!!!


CLARENCE: I know, I know. But I feel like maybe it’s because we never had much time to talk, you and me, mano-e-mano, you know? So this is an opportunity for us to have a real heart to heart. Assuming you put a heart in me when you sewed me up, of course.


FRANKENSTEIN: I wish I’d thought of sewing dynamite as a fail-safe into you so I could detonate when you turned into a rampaging murderer. Or I could’ve listened to that Isaac Asimov chap about programming you with the three laws of robotics…if he’d been born yet.


CLARENCE: Look, I get that we’ve had our differences in the past. I don’t much care for you, either. But look on the bright side.


FRANKENSTEIN: The bright side of being resurrected by my nemesis?


CLARENCE: This situation could be the basis of one of those half-hour comedy programs on television! You know, the kind of sitcom where the two room-mates are forced to interact in awkward and hilarious situations while mutually hating each other?  I can practically hear the theme song now! 


FRANKENSTEIN: Please kill me again.


CLARENCE: Hey, how about I do revive Justine, and she can be the third point in a love triangle or the comedic straight-man who rooms with us? It could be like a reverse Three’s Company!


FRANKENSTEIN: *pulls a lever to turn on the Tesla Coil electricity thingy and stuffs his head in the lightning bolts.  Much to his disappointment he survives*
 
CLARENCE: Hey, Frank...can I call you "Frank"? I just had an awesome idea for some situation comedy relationship conflict! See, I know I indirectly caused her to be executed for a murder she didn’t commit and all, but do you think Justine would be interested in dating me?


*Clarence is the name of the "monster," as I mentioned in my previous post.

**Yes, Clarence is a fan of Pig-Pen from "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment